Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Music News: Ross Admits It

(notice the "ranger" sign on his sleeve)


Ross comes clean about his past. Heres the words straight from his mouth:


"Yes. It's me. I never tried to hide my past. I put my name inside my cds. My company has my SS#. I could’ve put a company name… I done been up and I done been down and that’s what makes me what I am. I never ratted on a nigga. I never prosecuted a nigga. I never locked up a nigga, that’s first and foremost. I always felt that me being the nigga that I am, I never owed a nigga an explanation… When I’m making my music and I’m talking about blow, it’s because I did it. When I say that I’m rich off cocaine, it’s because i did it. Those are the street principals that apply.”


I think what made it a big deal was the fact that he just didn't just say "Yes. It's Me." in the beginning. Me, I like it when i find out a favorite rapper doesn't have such a killer/drug lord past like they portray in their songs. Who wants to idolize that?